We seek a creative, self-motivated UX Design Specialist who has a passion for 1) maintaining strong, user-facing design sensibilities across products and 2) collaborating with diverse interdisciplinary team to communicate and execute ideas.
The UX Design Specialist will own Giga’s and Project Connect’s foundational product design research and ideation, see it through from MVP launch, and data-driven, iterative improvements. The UX Design Specialist will also collaborate with Giga team and its partners to advise on new products or solutions that will help Project Connect achieve the ambitious goal of connecting every school, and every community to the Internet.
Our team takes large ideas and makes them a reality; being able to communicate complex and abstract ideas using data-driven decisions and clear visual, verbal and written language is crucial.
Your main responsibilities will be…
The team is looking for a UX Design Specialist with experience designing products across various devices and platforms for low-bandwidth or data-restricted environments. The UX Design Specialist will work with a range of data and blockchain related products. The candidate should exemplify a strong expertise in Agile/Lean practice and interaction design for websites, apps, data information systems, information architecture and systems mapping.
- Work closely with the Giga tech team to continue a healthy, data-driven evolution and the global scale of current and future Giga products such as Project Connect and Blockchain.
- Create and validate wireframes, low- and high-fidelity mockups that support the technical development of websites, applications, software, and dashboards while ensuring that branding and technical guidelines are upheld across these platforms.
- Produce user personas, journey maps, scenarios, flows etc. to give shape to and communicate any preliminary idea.
- Own user experience design lifecycle, from in-field prototype testing, MVP launch and ongoing, versioned iterations.
- Coordinate the work of colleagues, vendors and/or external partners who will support or iterate on concepts already established by the Giga team, providing UX leadership, guidance and ensuring quality of their work.
To qualify for this position, you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in interaction design, human-computer interaction, research and heuristics, information design and information architecture or other relevant field.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 5 year of relevant professional experience in digital UX design experience
- Strong understanding of design systems and front-end architecture for websites, mobile applications, data visualization and content management systems.
- In-depth understanding of typography and fundamentals of graphic design like colour, form, composition etc.
- Experience in creating interactive prototypes in tools like Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, and Collaboration tools such as GitHub, Trello, Slack, Jira and Miro.
- Experience working in start-up environments towards scale, being an advocate for human-centered design in Agile/Lean practices and resource constrained teams
- Knowledge of UI and brand design is an asset.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about emerging Open-source technologies and communities are an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
About Our Team
We are a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, finance specialists, data scientists, policy experts, and much more. Our team is a distributed workforce and plans to remain distributed into the foreseeable future. We are growing fast. Our team has grown by over 400% in the last 6 months as we rapidly scale to meet our stated mission.
Giga is a joint initiative of UNICEF’s Office of Innovation and ITU’s Telecommunications Development Bureau. It aims to connect every school in the world to the Internet by 2030. Working with 14 corporate and non-profit partners, Giga maps schools’ Internet access in real time, creates models for innovative financing, and supports governments contracting for connectivity. It is part of ITU’s Partner2 Connect Coalition, UNICEF’s Reimagine Education initiative, and the UN Secretary General’s Common Agenda and Roadmap for Digital Cooperation.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
UNICEF has a 70-year history of innovating for children. We believe that new approaches, partnerships and technologies that support realizing children’s rights are critical to improving their lives.
Payment details and further considerations
- Consultants are paid monthly
- Consultants are responsible for their own health and travel insurance
- Consultant is eligible for standard budget allowances for all work-related travel