UNICEF/Giga is seeking a dynamic and experienced programme Support and Logistics Administrator to support the operations of the Giga Technology Centre in Barcelona. This role is integral to Giga’s mission of connecting every school to the internet, thus bridging the digital divide and empowering young people globally. The Programme Support and Logistics Administrator will play a crucial role in setting up and functioning the Technology Centre, managing administrative and logistical aspects, and coordinating with various stakeholders.
Your main responsibilities will be…
Operational Setup and Facilities Management:
- Oversee and support the setup and operational readiness of the Giga Technology Centre in Barcelona.
- Manage office supplies, equipment procurement, and facilities maintenance.
- Coordinate the physical onboarding of new team members.
Support Event Strategy and Execution:
- Support the Events Manager, CTO and other relevant staff in the conceptualization and implementation of event strategies for the office covering various types of events over a one-year period.
- Coordinate logistics and operational needs for events, study trips, and site visits to the Giga Technology Centre.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support for travel, events, and study visits.
- Ensure efficient management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain documentation, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and guides for office processes and stakeholder management.
- Prepare a final handover report at the end of the consultancy period.
Collaboration and Innovation:
- Work closely with the Giga team and other relevant units within UNICEF for collaborative projects and integration of innovative solutions.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and operations of Giga Barcelona from an administrative and logistical perspective.
Please access the full Term of Reference (ToRs) and read a more detailed description of the assignment in this file in order to prepare your financial proposal and know more about the role: Programme Support and Logistics Administrator.pdf
To qualify for this position, you will have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Public Administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience in an administrative role, preferably within a large and diverse organization.
- Proven track record of managing office operations, logistics, and stakeholder engagement.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience in procurement, facilities management, and event coordination.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and other collaboration tools.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including government officials and partners.
- High sense of responsibility, ethical standards, and confidentiality.
- Very strong writing, editing, and content development skills, as well as demonstrated strength in communication
- Experience working with (or ability to quickly learn about and speak to) technology, data, telecommunications, and innovative solutions.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, ethical awareness, and integrity.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and build effective partnerships.
- Comfortable working in a changing environment and managing ambiguity.
- Strategic thinking and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in international development or with technology projects is an advantage.
- Familiarity with UNICEF’s operations, values, and mandate is considered a plus.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French or Russian) or a local language is an asset.
Payment details and further considerations
- Payment of professional fees will be based on the submission of agreed deliverables. UNICEF reserves the right to withhold payment in case the deliverables submitted are not up to the required standard or in case of delays in submitting the deliverables on the part of the consultant.
- Consultant is responsible for his/her own health and travel insurance.
- Consultant is responsible to arrange his/her own travel, including visa.
How to apply
- Interest applicant is required to submit a financial proposal with all-inclusive fee.
- Financial proposal must include travel costs (economy class) and daily subsistence allowance, if travel is required as per TOR and any other estimated costs: visa, travel/health insurance.
Applications without a financial proposal will not be considered. Please find attached the financial proposal template.
About Our Team
We are a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, finance specialists, data scientists, policy experts, and much more. Our team is a distributed workforce and plans to remain distributed into the foreseeable future. We are growing fast. Our team has grown by over 400% in the last 6 months as we rapidly scale to meet our stated mission.
Giga is a joint initiative of UNICEF and ITU to connect every school in the world to the Internet by 2030. Working with corporate and non-profit partners, Giga maps schools’ Internet access in real time, creates models for innovative financing, and supports governments contracting for connectivity. It is part of ITU’s Partner2 Connect Coalition, UNICEF’s Reimagine Education initiative, and the UN Secretary General’s Common Agenda and Roadmap for Digital Cooperation.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
UNICEF has a 70-year history of innovating for children. We believe that new approaches, partnerships and technologies that support realizing children’s rights are critical to improving their lives.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) is the United Nations specialized agency for information and communication technologies (ICTs), driving innovation in ICTs together with 193 Member States and a membership of over 900 companies, universities, and international and regional organizations.