Product Manager (Connectivity Credits)
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Duration: 12 months
Application Deadline: 9 May 2023, CEST
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to join Giga, an initiative to connect every school in the world to the Internet and every young person to information, opportunity and choice. The Product Manager will work with a multidisciplinary team to drive the development of the Connectivity Credit Marketplace, a blockchain-based system designed to incentivize companies to provide sustained internet access to underserved communities.
Your main responsibilities will be…
- Leading the development and implementation of the Connectivity Credit Marketplace.
- Collaborating with the Giga Blockchain Lead to define and prioritize the roadmap for the Connectivity Credit Marketplace.
- Coordinating work with vendors and other tech partners that are supporting the development of the marketplace.
- Working with a team of engineers, designers, data scientists and researchers to define, design and build features for the marketplace.
- Setting up product team processes based on best practices.
- Building prototypes to explore and prove new technologies like blockchain for the marketplace.
- Coordinating with government stakeholders in various countries to implement the solution according to the local context.
- Monitoring the progress of the marketplace and analyzing product metrics and user feedback.
Please click here to access the full TOR and related information.
To qualify for this position, you will have…
- An Advanced University degree (Master’s or higher) in a related field (e.g. Computer Science, Business Administration), or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of experience in product management, preferably in the technology industry
- Experience with blockchain and/or cryptocurrency products is preferred
- Strong project management skills, with experience coordinating cross-functional teams
- Experience working with government stakeholders and implementing solutions in different countries
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to make informed decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
About Our Team
We are a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, finance specialists, data scientists, policy experts, and much more. Our team is a distributed workforce and plans to remain distributed into the foreseeable future. We are growing fast. Our team has grown by over 400% in the last 6 months as we rapidly scale to meet our stated mission.
Giga is a joint initiative of UNICEF and ITU to connect every school in the world to the Internet by 2030. Working with corporate and non-profit partners, Giga maps schools’ Internet access in real time, creates models for innovative financing, and supports governments contracting for connectivity. It is part of ITU’s Partner2 Connect Coalition, UNICEF’s Reimagine Education initiative, and the UN Secretary General’s Common Agenda and Roadmap for Digital Cooperation.
Follow Giga on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
UNICEF has a 70-year history of innovating for children. We believe that new approaches, partnerships and technologies that support realizing children’s rights are critical to improving their lives.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) is the United Nations specialized agency for information and communication technologies (ICTs), driving innovation in ICTs together with 193 Member States and a membership of over 900 companies, universities, and international and regional organizations.
Payment details and further considerations
- Payment of professional fees will be based on the submission of agreed deliverables. UNICEF reserves the right to withhold payment in case the deliverables submitted are not up to the required standard or in case of delays in submitting the deliverables on the part of the consultant.
- Consultant is responsible for his/her own health and travel insurance.
- Consultant is responsible to arrange his/her own travel, including visa.