We are looking for a motivated community manager to join the Blockchain team at Giga. This will be a diverse and hands-on role ranging from social media outreach across our various media channels, including Twitter, Discord and Instagram to the hosting of various live online events, such as webinars, interviews and AMAs.
The Blockchain team is building several experimental products that provide value to the Giga ecosystem. The team also runs Giga’s NFT Genesis project, Patchwork Kingdoms (PWK). The Community Manager will help facilitate the growth of the community that has gathered around this project. The team’s ambition is to leverage the PWK community as a starting point for a much larger collection in the coming year. In order to achieve that objective, a healthy and vibrant community will need to be built up.
Your main responsibilities will be…
- Developing a communication and social media strategy.
- Growing the number of social media followers of the project, thereby increasing the project’s reach.
- Maintaining a “news” page on the PWK website, where all media mentions and project activities will be noted.
- Writing blog posts and other communication materials with the purpose of disseminating the achievements of the project and other blockchain work.
- Researching and contacting other NFT and blockchain projects with the purpose of engaging in partnerships.
- Increasing the visitor numbers and engagement on the project’s discord server.
- Ensuring a welcoming and positive digital environment for existing and new members.
- Organizing a series of online events with the purpose of growing our community, for example events hosted on our discord server or on twitter spaces.
- Gathering constructive feedback and insights from the community. For example, by conducting surveys or polls.
To qualify for this position, you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in communication, international development, social sciences or related field.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of communications
- Experience from working within UNICEF, and with experience or strong exposure to Country Offices is considered an asset.
- Experience in facilitating and growing communities is required. Any experience in managing online communities in the NFT space is considered a big plus.
- Strong planning/organizing skills.
- Knowledge of social media channels (especially twitter) is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Proven capacity to work with collaborative teams across different locations and with different technical skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in an additional official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
About Our Team
We are a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, finance specialists, data scientists, policy experts, and much more. Our team is a distributed workforce and plans to remain distributed into the foreseeable future. We are growing fast. Our team has grown by over 400% in the last 6 months as we rapidly scale to meet our stated mission.
Giga is a joint initiative of UNICEF’s Office of Innovation and ITU’s Telecommunications Development Bureau. It aims to connect every school in the world to the Internet by 2030. Working with 14 corporate and non-profit partners, Giga maps schools’ Internet access in real time, creates models for innovative financing, and supports governments contracting for connectivity. It is part of ITU’s Partner2 Connect Coalition, UNICEF’s Reimagine Education initiative, and the UN Secretary General’s Common Agenda and Roadmap for Digital Cooperation.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
UNICEF has a 70-year history of innovating for children. We believe that new approaches, partnerships and technologies that support realizing children’s rights are critical to improving their lives.
Payment details and further considerations
- Consultants are paid monthly
- Consultants are responsible for their own health and travel insurance
- Consultant is eligible for standard budget allowances for all work-related travel