Giga Partnerships Support Expert
Location: Remote-based with travel opportunities
Duration: 6 months
Application Deadline: 22 February 2023, Europe Standard Time
Giga is seeking a dynamic Partnerships Support Expert with a passion for technology and innovation. The successful candidate will work within the Giga Partnerships Team to establish and expand public-private partnerships in furthering our mission to connect every young person to the Internet.
Your main responsibilities will be…
- Understand the full scope of partners’ businesses and strategic objectives to maximize the potential of Giga’s partnerships.
- Develop joint communications and business plans with critical partners.
- Support the development of market analyses to identify business opportunities for Giga.
- Build trusted, strategic relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners and develop a thorough understanding of their business challenges.
- Provide a dependable and responsive service to our partners, focusing on partners needs for mutual benefit.
- Provide operational support across a portfolio of partners, collaborating with account managers and NatCom/COs to resolve issues and accelerate processes.
To qualify for this position, you will have…
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in partnerships, communications, and/or non-profit management
- Experience with fundraising and partnerships management in the United Nations or development/non-profit space
- A proven track record of organizing and executing complex workstreams
- The ability to prioritize and manage progress and deadlines across a diverse range of partners, projects, and activities
- Very strong writing, editing, and content development skills, as well as demonstrated strength in communication
- Experience working with (or ability to quickly learn about and speak to) technology, data, telecommunications, and innovative solutions
- Ability to manage multiple perspectives and sets of priorities, driving toward consensus across several stakeholders
- Fluency in English. Competence in another UN language preferred.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
About Our Team
We are a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, finance specialists, data scientists, policy experts, and much more. Our team is a distributed workforce and plans to remain distributed into the foreseeable future. We are growing fast. Our team has grown by over 400% in the last 6 months as we rapidly scale to meet our stated mission.
Giga is a joint initiative of UNICEF’s Office of Innovation and ITU’s Telecommunications Development Bureau. It aims to connect every school in the world to the Internet by 2030. Working with 14 corporate and non-profit partners, Giga maps schools’ Internet access in real time, creates models for innovative financing, and supports governments contracting for connectivity. It is part of ITU’s Partner2 Connect Coalition, UNICEF’s Reimagine Education initiative, and the UN Secretary General’s Common Agenda and Roadmap for Digital Cooperation.
Follow Giga on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
UNICEF has a 70-year history of innovating for children. We believe that new approaches, partnerships and technologies that support realizing children’s rights are critical to improving their lives.
Payment details and further considerations
- Consultants are paid monthly
- Consultants are responsible for their own health and travel insurance
- Consultant is eligible for standard budget allowances for all work-related travel