Giga Design Specialist
Duration: 11.5 months
Application Deadline: 7 October 2022, Europe Daylight Time
We are seeking a strong self-motivated and experienced designer who can work with a diverse interdisciplinary team to support the creative development of internal and external facing visual assets to amplify Giga’s ambitious goal of connecting every school, and every community to the Internet. You will be responsible for driving the vision of the Giga brand, producing brand assets, content and collateral in a wide range of formats and continuously devising creative ways to communicate the brand message visually.
Your main responsibilities will be…
- Effectively utilize current brand guidelines, and recommend and improve assets as required across all touchpoints, which includes but is not limited to:
- Corporate Identity and brand guidelines.
- Presentation templates.
- Reports, concept notes, pitch products, whitepapers, etc.
- Interactive media and videos.
- Website and social media.
- Supporting visual assets: icons, graphics, infographics, etc. for internal and external audiences in digital and print.
- Work in collaboration with internal teams in response to design briefs to develop effective creative solutions as required.
- Continually iterate on concepts in an effort to make communications and presentation materials relevant and relatable to our audience(s).
- Create cohesive and consistent brand experiences across multiple channels and touchpoints through the development of self-serve tools, templates, libraries and request processes.
- Run workshops to establish, educate and promote design guidelines, template usage, best practices and standards amongst team.
- Use design thinking or other processes, to define and develop outputs that are innovative, solve real problems, and have impact on business.
- Position yourself as a Giga brand identity and visual identity expert.
To qualify for this position, you will have…
- A first University Degree in a relevant field in graphic design, communication design, visual design, interaction design or another relevant field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant communications experiences for different use and audiences.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, After Effects) and working knowledge of interface design tools like Figma.
- Experience creating templates for Microsoft Office’s on and offline apps and/or Google Workspace apps.
- Experience in cutting edge interactive multimedia documents and advantages/disadvantages of delivery platforms.
- Strong information design experience is considered an asset.
- Deep understanding of design systems, creation and components.
- Strong preference for ability to illustrate.
- Experience in motion graphics (including storyboarding), and video editing.
- Fluent in design principles, and best practices.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; proven track record working across a cross-functional team.
- Your portfolio showcases engaging, elegant and functional designs, clearly demonstrating brand knowledge and multimedia experience.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
About Our Team
We are a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, finance specialists, data scientists, policy experts, and much more. Our team is a distributed workforce and plans to remain distributed into the foreseeable future. We are growing fast. Our team has grown by over 400% in the last 6 months as we rapidly scale to meet our stated mission.
Giga is a joint initiative of UNICEF and ITU to connect every school in the world to the Internet by 2030. Working with corporate and non-profit partners, Giga maps schools’ Internet access in real time, creates models for innovative financing, and supports governments contracting for connectivity. It is part of ITU’s Partner2 Connect Coalition, UNICEF’s Reimagine Education initiative, and the UN Secretary General’s Common Agenda and Roadmap for Digital Cooperation.
Follow Giga on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
UNICEF has a 70-year history of innovating for children. We believe that new approaches, partnerships and technologies that support realizing children’s rights are critical to improving their lives.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) is the United Nations specialized agency for information and communication technologies (ICTs), driving innovation in ICTs together with 193 Member States and a membership of over 900 companies, universities, and international and regional organizations.
Payment details and further considerations
- Consultants are paid monthly
- Consultants are responsible for their own health and travel insurance
- Consultant is eligible for standard budget allowances for all work-related travel